Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ballerina







Arianna had her first Ballet Class today, and it seemed to have gone over quite well. I was going into the class thinking Arianna was going to be very shy and clung to Mommy the whole time.
After a few minutes of chatting, I went to the counter to pay for the classes, and found Arianna in the class already (with a helping hand from Melissa) sitting on her mat. I was SHOCKED to say the least. Normally she does not leave my side, especially in a new place but she seemed quite at home here. The class started with some toe/leg warmups where they gathered in a little group and moved all around. So, throughout the class the girls " followed" Miss. Amanda around, doing all sorts of fun things. Arianna got along great with the other girls, even having one little girl grab her hand and prance her around the class. She absolutely loved the baton, and was a little upset when Miss. Amanda had to take it back.
But all in all, I was thoroughly impressed and proud of my little independent girl. I'm really excited for next week, and hope that Arianna will continue to enjoy dancing :)

1 comment:

just us said...

Hey, it was me (kristy) who sat her down ont he mat :)

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker