Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Our 2 year old, and the 22 Week Preggo


Well,

Arianna had her second birthday, and it went fabulously - for the most part. The day started off with quite the ruckus as I was not fully prepared as I thought I was. The cake wasn't finished, the cupcakes hadn't been started, the balloons yet to be blown and I (to say the very least) was a total wreck.
I warn anyone hosting a birthday party for children and family to be FULLY prepared at least a week in advance.
After running around, Michael and I worked together in the kitchen for about 2 - 1/2 hours making the cupcakes and cake. I pretty much have to give full credit to that wonderful husband of mine, because he pretty much did everything without even batting an eyelash, even when I was (shhhh,bitching) in his ear the whole time. He had made the cake the night before, so it would be ready in the morning to be iced. Well, that night, (as he did was he was supposed to) the cake however did not, it came out in crumbs, he was quite ticked that it was like that, and I however went and had a nice sleep and told him we'd figure it out in the morning.
Morning came, I quickly made the icing (yes I actually made it) and Michael pieced together the cake. It looks a little like a mountain, but once I started the icing it was starting to look a lot more like the ballet slippers they were supposed to be.
While I was doing all the icing, Michael was busy making all the cupcakes - from scratch.
They turned out WONDERFUL, and he even iced them with all the pretty pink icing they could hold.
While this was all dome, I was trying to keep Arianna busy as she wanted our FULL attention this morning, so we "watched" the tv for about 2.4 seconds and I blew up all the balloons.
10 minutes later all the kids started coming - 3 friends in total. They seemed to have fun playing and horsing around. (and even clogging out toilet filled with toilet paper - but that's besides the point) They had fun, Arianna was spoiled by her friends, and all seemed to enjoy the yummy cupcakes. Once, the friends all left to go home. Arianna was put down for a nap until family showed up.
Family started arriving about about 2:45, and it went swimmingly, it was crowded, but FUN. Again, she was spoiled, and even opened a card that had money in it, shouting OHHH MONEY! Might have been her favorite gift. We had hamburgers, and hot dogs for dinner, which Michael Barbiecooked(which Arianna likes to say) and were delicious. The came the "mountainous" cake. It seemed to turn out a lot better than hoped, and tasted WAY better than it looked - (a lot like the Bunny Cake from an old episode of friends)
We had a great day, and I was so very happy to have shared our baby girls Second Birthday with all the people she loves.
All the stress was worth it.

Pregnancy:
Things are going well. I'm not 22 Weeks and 2 days. I had my pre-natal appointment yesterday and things seem to be going as planned. I'm measuring around 20, and I've managed to put on some weight. (9.5 pounds to be exact) yes that may seem like a lot - but as a friend put it last night, it makes up for all the weight I haven't put on in the last 20 weeks, so it was due!
I'm starting to feel baby a lot more now, and even Michael is able to feel him kick a little.
I'm ready for him to join the world now, although I know it is much to soon, so lets just say I'm excited for August.

That's all for now,
I will add all the birthday pics later on, as I need to go get some cleaning done :):):):)

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker