Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Day or Remembrance

2 years ago yesterday was our family's day of Remembrance. I can remember sitting 4 months pregnant with Michael watching the Canucks game when I got a frantic phone call from my Dad saying Cody and Amanda had been in a terrible accident. Immediately we drove to my parents home where my very shaken up Dad and knowing 3 year old neice were. My mind hadn't set into the severity as I told my Dad it would be ok, and to be calm. A few phone calls later, myself and Michael headed to the Chilliwack hospital. Once we arrived there, I saw my family in tears, saying Amanda is going to be ok, but Cody had been Air Lifted with Lisa to Children's. This is when the fear really set in. I was trying to stay optimistic and as calm as I could be to keep my family calm. In the pouring rain Michael,myself, my mom and Greg (Cody's Dad) drove out to Vancouver. Once we arrived we rushed to the ICU. Having no idea what we were about to see, we all became tear filled. We walked into a team of 15 or so people working on a lifeless Cody. An amazing group of the best doctors in the world working on our special little guy. We stayed for a few hours to wait and hear of any changing news, hoping and praying for the best. As the days past, ours feelings and emotions were taken through a series of Rollercoaster bumps, we had good news, and then horrible news, 1 giant step forward, and 5 Giant steps back. As the 9 days went by, it was time to say Goodbye. There was nothing we could do. So as our close family gathered together, we all held onto a piece of Cody as we watched his body and soul go to be with God, to make Heaven a little more beautiful. He was a fighter, and that's what he did. So, I ask anyone that reads this blog, cherish what you have, love every moment of your life because you really don't realize what you have until it's gone. I miss him everyday, and pray that's he's taking care of all of us down here from up there.
~
Cody's accident occured at the Fraser River, there is a memorial cross set up at the site, I have not been since before Arianna was born as it's to hard, but if you drive by this area please stop and think about this amazing young man, and his fight till the end. He amazed the doctors, and his family and will forever live on in our hearts.

1 comment:

Cathi said...

I love you so much Sara....your a great writer of fact and fiction. In you "spare" time you really should write a book as you can relay fact or fiction so well. As I read you blog on Cody you brought me right back to the moment and I cried. I love you so much, you have the biggest heart in the world and God Bless you....love you honey

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker