Monday, October 27, 2008

Potty Training ????

So, if anything good came out of this whole constipation problem with Arianna, it's this; Arianna using the Potty (or Booty)as she calls it. I was in no way trying to train Arianna as she is still to young. (in my opinion) But, with all her issues it was very easy to tell when Ari had to go, so it was easy to plop her onto the potty (as it was easier for her) and let her do her thing. She now will tell us when she has to go poop, and will grab her diaper and say "poopy" when she has to pee. I thought "No, you don't really have to go" but sure enough I took the diapers off, she sat on the potty and she said "All Gone" and sure enough she had peed, I was honestly shocked, not to mention so proud. I called Grandma and Nana right away. :) Now, I'm not fully set on potty training, all I know is that when she says pee pee or poo poo, she will goto the potty and do her business there. If we're home during the day she can run around in training pants/diapers to make it easier, I just think it's a pretty big step and hope when it's actually time to have her fully trained she will be great. I'm just happy that she understands what it is to use the potty, and know's it's not a toy ;)

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker