Friday, September 12, 2008

Oh boy...Momma had her first real scare

Arianna choked. Everyone knows Arianna is not the best eater, but I try to do what I can to make sure she gets everything she needs whether she spits it out or not;at least I tried. Well last night for dinner was a fun night as we ordered pizza. It came just before Michael got home from work, so I did the usual, put Arianna in the high chair, and set everything up. I cut up the pizza and put the fork on the plate for Ari to eat. Well normally I would give her the toppings to eat, but she had been eating more things lately and becoming accustomed to bread so I thought I'd let her eat it. Well after a few good bites, she started going red and I in turn started panicking, I didn't know what to do, so my first (and probably worst instinct) was to do the scoop method and try to grab the piece. My mind went totally blank. With my scoop method thought I must have done something, as she let out a HUGE scream, and contiuned too for the next 5 minutes, I can promise you the sound of her scream was as amazing to hear as when she was first born, it was a huge relief. Although when Michael walked into the house the first thing he saw were his two girls BAWLING there eyes out. I was shaking I was so upset/scared, and Ari was coming down from her cries. As he said it was ok, and she's fine I couldn't help but think what I would have done if the piece hadn't moved down. I've taken my first aid course, but now realized it was far to long ago, and am planning on taking the Infant/Toddler portion of the course to refresh my memory in case something happens again, I can't and wont be stuck in that situation again without knowing what to properly do.
But she is ok, and that is the wonderful part.
On a happier note, my baby is going to be a puppy for Halloween, and the cutest one ever. In the picture below she does not look too impressed but let me assure you that she is quite excited.

1 comment:

Cathi said...

The look on her face is that she isn't too impressed with what you have done to her...this picture is just toooo cute!!!!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker